Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Gavin's lungs are clearing up, but they still have a ways to go. He might have his chest tube removed tomorrow since it's not draining much anymore. He is still on the pacemaker. They did an echocardiogram today to measure his heart function and see if the mitral valve's leak is the same as it was the day of surgery.

I spoke with the social worker today. I told her we didn't want to be here anymore! She said she was going to speak with Gavin's medical team to find out the plan. I told her that if the surgeries are done and we are just here waiting for Gavin to get off the vent, we would rather have him transfered to a hospital in Grand Rapids. The boys seem to be having a hard time lately and I know Joel and I are tired of our arrangement! Hopefully we can get a plan going.

As you can probably tell, I'm a little tired of this the last couple of days! I've been feeling anxious and worrying a little. Though, reading my inspirational thought book and bible helped my outlook a lot this afternoon! It talked about how worrying is irrelevant. When was the last time worrying changed anything? It only shows distrust in God's plan. I have to trust in Him alone! I know this, but sometimes I let my focus wander. Reading these words today helped me actually breathe better! Thankfully! We only need one of our family members on a ventilator!! :)

Thanks for your continued prayers!!!

Love, Alicia

No comments: