Thursday, March 1, 2007

Gavin just went back for surgery. This means that he will have had a surgery in Jan., Feb., and Mar. I told him and the nurse that April was out of the question! I am booked for the month! I'm hoping God has the same plan! This surgery should last one to two hours. I'll try to update later to fill you in on how it went.

Since I have some time now I'll share something that I read in a book given to us from our pastor. It talks about how there are areas of the Word of God that can't be fully understood until we have experienced suffering. It also talks about reading the book of Job in the Bible when going through trials. I am going to begin reading here this week. There is a poem that really got my attention.

I walked a mile with pleasure,
She chatted all the way,
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with sorrow
And ne'er a word said she
But oh the things I learned from her,
When sorrow walked with me.

This is so true! I have learned so much in these trials than in any other time in my life. I've learned about the true love of God and His grace! I've been more apt to read His word and understand it! I've learned more about myself, my family, my friends and human kindness! Oh how kind people can be!!! What a blessing! So, though not fun to go through, be thankful for trials and take the opportunity to learn from them! Life is a battle, but with God we will win the war! And, be better off for having to fight.

I pray that all of you will have a peaceful week, but that you are able to learn when trials do come! I know I have! I am so thankful for all of you! God has blessed you and others in turn with your love and kindness! Thankyou for showing it to our family!

Love, Alicia

No comments: