Friday, March 16, 2007

Poor little Gavin is having a hard time with withdrawls the last 24 hours! It breaks my heart to see him so uncomfortable. He just can't sleep for long and cries a lot more than normal. They believe it's due to coming down on pain medication. The pain service is working on making it more manageable for him. Please pray that he starts to feel better and more like his happy self! It is so hard watching him when there isn't much that I can do to make him feel better! It's brought me to tears several times! They also drew blood cultures to see if he has an infection because he is having fevers again. But, he does this often and it's usually nothing. A fever is also a sign of withdrawl.

Someone (Aunt Bev) wrote in a note to us that they had heard in church the message of going through difficulties. She wrote that when things are difficult, God is at work. This gives me peace that trials are not in vain. I know a few friends and family that are going through hard times now and hope that they can see the the work of God in their lives like I have seen it in ours. Like I said yesterday, He has a purpose for everything. I'm thankful for prayer and know that He answers them! I pray that your prayers are answered and am thankful for your prayers on Gavin's behalf!

Joel and the boys are coming tomorrow. I'm very glad for this! I miss them! Plus, maybe they can be a distraction to Gavin at this time. I know for a fact that those boys can be distracting! But, it might be just what the doctor ordered for Gavin and me too!

Hope you have a great weekend! Hope to see you all soon!!!

Love, Alicia

No comments: