Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm really struggling today! I always try to look for the positive in everything, but there isn't much positive lately. Gavin is very sick! They say they need to pull him through this complication and try to get him back to as healthy as he was, which wasn't very healthy to begin with, then see if this has taken too much from his body. The outlook on his life is not good. There are so many things wrong with his little body! Even if he pulls through this illness, there are so many things that could put him back on the vent in the future. He has many struggles ahead! I talked about quality of life before and how looking at everyone's quality of life is more important than just looking at Gavin's. But, today I've been told a lot and I'm finding it hard to feel comforted by this. I know that God has a plan and it will be fulfilled, this still comforts me. But, when I see Gavin having to go through so much and the effect this all is having on us, our boys and other family members, it's hard to see the big picture! Please pray for Gavin! Please pray for our family! Pray that Gavin doesn't have to struggle and pray that we can feel at peace with all that is going on. Thankyou!

I had some good conversations with a few doctors and nurses the last couple of days. I expressed my concerns and frustrations. They were very open to listening. I was able to get my frustrations out and they were very supportive and honest with me. I am feeling better about this and feel that this experience will be beneficial to future families and us too.

Thanks for all of your support! We appreciate all that people have done for us through this trial.

Love, Alicia

No comments: