Friday, April 20, 2007

Where do I start?! Gavin has had a rough 24 hours! He, nor I, have gotten much sleep. He had a couple of tests yesterday, which came back normal, but now they are again puzzled by what's going on with him. He was quite fussy yesterday and ended up running a 106.5 fever during the night! He was so agitated and just couldn't sleep. It was horrible for me to watch again. He's been so content and peaceful lately. I asked the resident to give him something and she didn't want to deviate from "the plan." I told her I didn't care about the plan! He was having such a hard time and had been through so much, so what's a little bit of help going to hurt? She still refused, so I said that I would take him home then if they wouldn't give him anything. I talked them into Motrin, but that didn't help. Finally she said that she understood and allowed him to have Morphine. This helped him sleep just a little, but once he was awake he was much calmer at least! He's still running a high fever and they are going to check for a virus he could have.

He is also very dehydrated. He has been on a dieuretic 3 times a week, but when we got to this hospital they switched it to 2 times a day! They did this even though I told them that I thought it was too much. So, now he's dehydrated, like I thought he would be. They are going to put him back on his original dose and schedule. Hopefully this helps. Please pray that Gavin comes back around to his smiley self and starts to feel better soon!

On a lighter note, I'll leave you with a cute Caleb story! He was up here a couple of days ago and looked out the window. (We are on the 7th floor overlooking the city.) He said "WOW! I can see the whole world from here! HI GOD! Gavin, say HI to GOD!" Isn't he precious?! He's so much company here and is quite the helper too! I'm thankful for this!

Have a great weekend! Keep those prayers going!

Love, Alicia

No comments: