A change of plans again! There will be no surgery on May 29. When I cancelled the G-tube surgery, everything was cancelled! I guess Dr. Bove was going to do his part of the surgery (moving the pacemaker) in the stomach surgeons O.R. room and because that was cancelled so was the pacemaker surgery since there aren't any available O.R. rooms on that day. So now we wait until Tuesday to find out when it can be scheduled. Hopefully it can be done soon because we have a tenative date set for the stomach surgery to be done here in G.R. in the beginning of June. AAAGH!!! I know, there's a reason for this. I'm praying for patience!
Gavin had a regular check-up yesterday and is doing well. He got some immunizations done. Poor little guy! As soon as they rubbed the alcohol wipe on his leg he knew something was up! He knows from MANY needle sticks that being rubbed with an alcohol wipe only means one thing...trouble! So, he started whimpering right away. It broke my heart knowing that he knew what was coming from all his experience. He only cried a little, but today he's been more fussy and running a slight fever from the shots. He is behind in his immunizations because they don't give them in the hospital. He'll be caught up to date in a couple of months. Of course, that's if he stays healthy and out of the hospital! This is our biggest prayer! They say any little illness could put him over the edge.
Have a great weekend! Thanks for your prayers! Hope you are all doing well.
Love, Alicia and Family