Wednesday, April 9, 2008

God's Wonderful Creation











These are pictures from our trip to the Creation Museum this past weekend. We had a wonderful time and came home refreshed from what we saw. This museum is just outside of Cincinatti, OH and well worth our trip! It was wonderful going to a museum were everything in it had a reference to God's amazing creation! My favorite part of the museum was probably the planetarium. I sat there, amazed, and feeling smaller than I have ever felt before! I felt so humbled by what I saw, knowing that God had made it all! Yet, I felt so significant at the same time! I was literally moved to tears! It just moved me so much to see all that He created in 6 short days and that out of all that He created, He holds us as being most worthwhile! We, out of everything that He made, have been given the opportunity of life eternal, for those who believe in Him! You just HAVE to see the planetarium show to understand what I mean! We bought a DVD of it, if anyone is interested in watching it, or better yet, take a trip to see it for yourself! If you are interested in more information go to http://www.answersingenesis.org/

The museum is set up into many areas and is based on what they call the 7 C's (Creation, Corruption, Catastrophe, Confusion, Christ, Cross, Consummation.) Basically, starting with God's creation, to our fall through sin, to Christ dying on the cross for our sins and what is yet to come, when He returns again. The place is enlightening and lots of fun! And, No, I don't earn commission by saying any of this! I just had to share it with all of you, because we enjoyed it so much! :)

There was a section that talked about how because of the fall of man, sin entered the world and things like genetic abnormalities came about. I've heard people say things like, "How could a just and loving God let something like Down syndrome happen?!", Or many other bad things that happen in this world.....Well, I know why. Because I know this, it makes dealing with it all a little easier to understand and accept. God did NOT plan for this to happen! He created Adam and Eve and everything perfectly! He gave them ALL that they ever needed or could want. There was no sickness, no war, no hurting, but they wanted the one thing that He told them to not eat of; the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Now, because God created man with a free will, Adam and Eve chose to not obey God and ate of the tree. Did they do this because they were hungry and had nothing else to eat? No! They had everything they needed, yet they HAD to try the fruit from the ONE tree that they were told NOT to eat from! From this moment on, man has sinned and God has had to 'punish' us for our sins, or in other words, we have to suffer the consequences of our sin. It kind of reminds me of Caleb. I will be telling Nolan not to do something and inevitably, Caleb just HAS to do it to see if the same rules apply to him! Then I have to punish him as well! Thankfully for mankind, God sent His son to die on the cross for our sins and although we suffer here on earth, we have the opportunity of PERFECT life eternally with Him some day! AWESOME!!!

Gavin continues to do well! Still no seizures since January!!! He had his EEG last week, but we won't get results for awhile. He continues to stay healthy as well! I am SO happy that we have not been in the hospital with him since October! Sometimes I start to get really stressed thinking that he could have to go back in anyday! I hope and pray that we continue this streak of healthiness! I do not want to go back to those stressful days! Sometimes I think that God may have put us in that situation for so long to be able to deal with Gavin's future a little better. The fact that he is NOT in the hospital, NOT on oxygen and NOT having seizures makes the fact that he may never walk or talk, a little easier to accept. Being at home and not watching him suffer is enough for me! Gavin does continue to gag a lot and is now spitting up when he gags. This probably means that the stomach wrap, that they did when his feeding tube was placed, has come loose. This isn't a big deal, except that Gavin could aspirate what he spits up, into his lungs, which could lead to pneumonia. So, we need to really make sure that the spit-up comes out of his mouth and not down onto his lungs! We just sit him up or roll him over to do this. All in all, Gavin is doing great for Gavin! For this, We are Thankful!!!


"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good." Genesis 1:1 & 31

Love, Alicia and Family

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you had a good trip. It is always good to get a way. We have not been there but after Joel mentioned to Todd that your family was going he said we need to get there too. I have heard that it is amazing. What a mighty God we serve!!!! Love The Hilton's

Annette Gysen said...

That's so great that you got to go on a family vacation! I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. Who would have thought last year at this time that you would be having such a great family trip! I'm so thankful that God has provided this opportunity for you all.

Love,
Annette

P.S. We're in Palos Heights, IL on a college visit for Katie. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a wonderful trip! Our family is going to the Creation Museum in June...I found this link through the Zion Weekly. I am Gideon's mom from school. It has been nice reading a little bit of Gavin's blog tonight. What a blessing he is as each and every child is. I just love his sweet little glasses! So glad I found this blog and I was excited to see how well he has been doing since Jan! Praise The Lord! With Prayers and Thanksgiving, Erin Young and of course if Gideon knew I was on here a big HELLO! to Caleb. Gideon really enjoys playing with Caleb and we hear all about him after pre-school. :)

I'mMature said...

I'm so happy to read that Gavin is doing so well!!!

much love,
Cousin Sarah

Inspired said...

Sounds like a great trip. I'm so glad it was a nice family getaway. You deserved it!! Its wonderful that Gavin is doing so well & staying healthy. We can't wait to see you all Saturday at the wedding. Love to you all!!
Julie