Friday, December 5, 2008

Do you think that if I click my heels together 3 times, I could get back to summer?

I know that this winter weather is absolutely beautiful.........





But, I've had my fill of winter coats, gloves, hats and boots already!





I'm running out of register space to dry all of the boy's winter wear! I'm tired of it taking double the time to leave the house for anything! And, constantly having to dry the floor from melted snow has me feeling kind of grumpy! This morning I told Joel that we were going to have to move to Florida! Anyone want to come with? Some of you may be dreaming of a "White Christmas", but I'm dreaming of Hawaii!

I was feeling frustrated by all of this the other day, while cleaning it all up, when I thought to myself; "Someday you will miss all of this." So, I took a picture of all of it, to look at when I'm longing for the craziness someday. It helped my perspective for the moment, but then it all started over again this morning getting them ready for school! One positive to Gavin not walking: no boots to put on him or clean up after! Anyway, just wondering if any of you are feeling the same way.

Also, I thought of more reasons why giving gifts to those in the hospital, instead of getting a bunch of gifts, is really a selfish thing:

1. I have less thinking to do about what to buy for gifts. I bought numerous of the same items for all of them!
2. I don't have many presents to wrap this year, since we are putting all of the gifts in canvas bags.
3. I won't spend the few days after Christmas trying to open children's toys! Have you ever noticed what a pain it is to open those packages?!
4. I won't have to try to find a spot for all of those toys!
And,
5. Did I mention how much joy we are getting out of this?! You should try it some time!

Oh, I forgot one more reason why I'm fed up with the Winter weather; having to listen to the boys complain about shoveling all this snow! Next time you see me, remind me that I'm really going to miss these days when they get older! :) Happy shoveling to all of you! I'm going to try to think of the following as I drudge through this season:

"For lo, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on earth; The time of singing has come, And the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land." Song Of Solomon 2:11

3 comments:

Anxious AF said...

maybe if we all tap our heals together it will work!!

Anonymous said...

I can only be so sympathetic - not knowing WHY you live there!?

I guess not every winter is the same, this early, this cold, this early - eh?

We lived in WV for 2 years - only time we really dealt with snow. 12 years after moving to Texas Hubby still happily says "You can't shovel heat!" Sending you warm thoughts. Barbara

Tamara said...

ohhh but its so quiet and beautiful! Just to agree though... click, click, click!