Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm A Big Boy Now!

Gavin's new equipment was delivered today. I am very happy with both pieces and think that they will both aid in his future development. I've decided that we need a bigger house now that we have them though! Either that, or an addition added with a room just for Gavin's equipment!

Here is his Tiger chair:



It is very versatile. It can be lowered all the way down to floor level or go as high as table level, like a highchair. It also reclines and tilts and has a tray for playtime or eating.

Here he is in his Squiggles stander:





Last time we had him in a stander, at his school, he hated it! But, he didn't mind this one at all. He was even smiling some of the time! (Maybe it's because he was at home in it? He always does better with things at home.) We were told to wait to use it until after we got his AFO's, because they would help support his legs and ankles better while in it. So, now I can't wait until we get the AFO's in 2 weeks! I'm excited to see what, if any, advances he will make with them.

I thought that Gavin looked so tall standing up! We never get to see him in this position, so it's fun to see him 'standing' as he should be at this age! He's still a little guy, but he's moving up in the world now!

"For by faith you stand." 2 Corinthians 1:24b

7 comments:

Tamara said...

YEAH!!!!!!!! OH I LOVE THE SQUIGGLES!!!! NOW THEY BOTH HAVE ONE, PINK AND GREEN GOOD COLORS! ISN'T IT SO FUN SEEING HIM "STAND" AWAY FROM YOU FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME! OHHH I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.... CONGRATS ALICIA! WHAT A MILESTONE YOU'VE BOTH HIT! GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!!! DID YOU KNOW THERE IS A PUSH HANDLE FOR THE SQUIGGLES? I HAD TO FIGHT FOR MINE, BUT GLAD I DID, MY KNEES AND AKLES THANKED ME FOR NOT GETTING BRUSED ANY LONGER! HIP-HIP-HOORAY FOR TODAY AND GODS GOODNESS!

Hope said...

How cute is he!! I love his stander, very cool!! We're getting ready to make our first equipment order for a Pony Walker.

Ava sends Gavin her love.

Lacey said...

First of all, how did you get them to pay for a chair? They won't pay for a chair for Jax, its a "convience" item. Yeah, its convient for my baby to be able to sit up.
And Jax has that exact stander. Same color and everything. I will email you a picture of Jax in his. How funny is that, truly brothers!

Cindy said...

I love the stander! How amazing that will make his world and yours to watch him grow! I really think this will help him. He needs to be in that postition to get used to it. I am so excited for you. He looks so TALL to me too. He is such a cutie!

Alicia said...

So glad he is tolerating the new equipment better. He looks great standing up!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

He is so cute....Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed your blog. Have a Happy 4th!

ParkerMama said...

Great new stander. And what a handsome guy you have been blessed with!

Tammy and Parker
www.prayingforparker.com
www.5minutesforspecialneeds.com
@ParkerMama on Twitter