Monday, November 16, 2009

This is so my life!

Did you know that I was brought up mostly surrounded by females? I lived with just my mom and sister after my parents got divorced. I was blessed with another sister when my dad got remarried. Almost all of my cousins are girls.

Did you know that boys and girls are VERY different? The present time has found me living surrounded by males, so I certainly know this now!

I prayed to God that my first child would be a boy. I had really wanted a brother growing up and never got this wish granted, (I wouldn't trade either of my sisters for a brother though! Love you Amy and Rachel!) so I really wanted our first child to be a boy. I guess God granted me my desire.....times 4!

I TOTALLY ADORE my boys! I am so blessed to have been given them and I thank God for them daily.

But, did you know that girls and boys are VERY DIFFERENT?!

I went from being surrounded by girls to being surround by this.



Did you know that boys continually goof off? Did you know that boys are very loud? Did you know that it's almost impossible to take a decent picture of 4 boys together?







Did you know that a rake can be used for raking leaves, but that it can also be used as a weapon?



Did you know that a peaceful hammock can be turned into a war zone?



Did you know that dinner time is actually comedy and debate hour? And, trips to the store are actually a trip to a wrestling match?

I had no idea, until I got married and had 4 boys!

Did you know that boys are full of energy, full of noises, full of bad ideas and full of pent-up excitability?

I recently read this comic and I thought to myself; "This is SO my life!"

***(click on comic to enlarge, to be able to read more clearly)***



It's never a dull moment with boys around! And, this is an understatement!

I LOVE MY BOYS!!!!!

But, this Momma sure could use a girl's weekend soon! (Can you tell that my husband is gone hunting for 5 days and I'm stuck at home with the boys, two of which are sick, and I'm losing my mind?!)


"The precious sons of Zion, valuable as fine gold, how they are regarded as clay pots, the work of the hands of the potter!" Lamentations 4:2

9 comments:

Amy said...

Hahaa! Bless your heart! YES, you definitely need a girl's weekend and I know just where you should come for it! (Sleepover at Aunt Amy's house...NO BOYS ALLOWED!!) ;o)

This post reminds me of the story you told us just days after Caleb (I think it was then?) was born. You said you were sitting around the table with your four boys and they were all talking about sports and being manly, when you instantly burst into tears and wailed, "This is my liiiiiiife!!!" You poor thing! You need sleep, you were probably suffering from a little postpartum ickyness and your boys just stared at you like you'd lost your darn mind. (((hugs))) Someday, I hope God brings you a little girl to even the playing field a little. Or, at the very least, a girl DOG! Ha!

Becky said...

Ha ha! YES! I did know all of this. My husband is just as guilty as my children (boys). But I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

Lacey said...

That is so my life! Boys are sooo destructive. I'm so tird of the holes in my walls i could scream.

Michelle said...

ROTFL!! That is hilarious, Alicia, but I have to disagree, as I giggle reading your post...I think...it's not so different with girls!!! HEE HEE. Totally my life with five girls!!

My husband had to work ALL weekend, I'd want to shoot myself if he went hunting for almost a week. You are SUCH a good wife!! This was a great post! Loved the pic in the leaves!!

Alicia said...

Great story told with the pics!!!

I do know what you are saying is true, having grown up with 3 brothers. But us girls were just as difficult, most times. There were 4 of us and we got into just as much trouble and fights as the boys! ; )

I am praying for your sanity this week, for sure! I also think you need to take Amy up on her offer and have a boy free sleepover. You need more than a girl's weekend... how about a girl's month? In the bahamas. Only boys allowed would be the hunky cabana variety! ; )

Unknown said...

I know how you feel. I have a husband and 2 boys so I'm the only girl in the house too. Did you know pencils can be a weapon to and even leggos can become guns etc and so can their connects too. Yes dinner table is like yours and yes they are loud and also wild as every so my heart goes out to you too.

Annette Gysen said...

Cute post! Love the picture of the boys in the leaves. And so true--as mom of a boy and girl, it's two entirely different parenting experiences.

Amy said...

Hey Alicia! Thought I would pass this along...I have a friend whose friends are dealing with a scarily similar situation with their new baby boy, Colton. He has been diagnosed with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, and is in the care of Dr. Bove at U of M right now. He isn't doing well, so I thought I'd pass along his website in hopes there might be a few more people to pray for this little guy: http://www.coltonmiller.com/Journal.php Thanks! Love you!

Amy

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Idle Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Instantly Find High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Software & Download Them @ Maxed Out Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]