Today I buried my face into the shoulder of my husband and asked him:
"Why do I love being a Mom so much?!"
I said this today because, the day that is supposedly set aside to thank our mothers and lavish them with love was, well........just another day in the house of the VW family. Well, not exactly the same. Joel and the boys did start the day off giving me extra hugs and kisses and yelling out, "Happy Mother's Day!" But, besides that, the promises of "giving mom a day of rest from the naughtiness, yelling, arguing, craziness and chaos".....well.....they just couldn't do it. When I say "they", I mostly mean the 2 boys in the middle of our gang!
I really do think that they tried, but it's just in their nature to be who they are. Thus, the reason I wanted to crawl back in bed again this morning and the reason I asked my husband this very question!
Being a Mom is seriously the HARDEST job in the world!
As the day went on......despite all the fighting, craziness and misbehaving, I began to realize why I LOVE to be a Mom!
1) I get to be serenaded by a sockless 7 year old, who made up a silly song for Mother's Day and who had me cracking up several times today!
2) I get homemade cards several times a year...and these are the BEST kind to get!
3) I get extra special cards from Gavin, that my Mom helped him make. (Thanks Mom! You are an example to me, of what a mom should be!) And also, I get to stare at this sweet face every day!
4) I occasionally find a note like this one on my pillow and they always seem to come at the most perfect time!
5) And finally, I have been given the privilege of caring for these 4 blessings and even though they make me want to pull my hair out each and every day, I can't imagine a more fulfilling calling in this world!
I am going insane.....but I am SO VERY BLESSED!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you wonderful Mommas out there! I can't believe that I get to do this wonderful thing called motherhood with so many amazing women by my side!
"Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6