Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!




It didn't really feel like Christmas to me this year. Maybe it's because our family, all except me, came down with a horrible stomach flu the week of Christmas, or maybe because Joel's mom was in the hospital, or maybe because I'm just getting old and things aren't as they used to be.....whatever the reason, it didn't feel like a normal Christmas to me. But.....we definitely enjoyed ourselves, and we certainly had and have a lot to be thankful for!

On Christmas eve we had several family members and friends over for a gathering at our house. This was great, because we were able to get the 5 cousins all together!



This was my sister Amy's son's first Christmas, and Tate was probably the highlight of our party!



Caleb was very excited to have one of his favorite people at our house! I don't think that he can get enough of Mr. Tate! But, who can blame him? I can't get my fill either! Aren't they cute together?!



I bought Gavin and Tate matching PJ's, and they have their names on their little bottoms! Can you say adorable?!




On Christmas day we went to church, and then visited with Joel's Mom at the hospital. She is looking and feeling much better, and will hopefully be able to come home sometime this week. Keep those prayers coming please!

Here are a few of the many pictures that I took of my handsome boys Christmas day:









Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

This picture will have to serve as your Christmas card from us, for awhile anyway.....with all the craziness of the last couple of weeks, getting cards out has been the last thing on my mind! But, they will be sent out soon....I hope! :) Thankfully I put Merry Christmas AND Happy New Year on them! :)

We hope that all of you had a blessed Christmas!






"For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

11 comments:

Hope said...

I love the pics and matching pjs!! I hope everyone is feeling better. You have a beautiful family!

Cammie Heflin said...

Your boys are getting so big!

Stephanie said...

I love the family picture! it's just beautiful.

i agree with Cammie, the boys are really getting big!

And my Sophia kept saying it didn't feel like Christmas too. we blamed it on the lack of snow. who knows.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Lacey said...

Oh I so need those jammies! Jax didn't even get to wear his Christmas jammies that matched Arina's, because he had a big ole cast on!

Debbie said...

Gavin ALWAYS puts a smile on my face!!!!

Beautiful pics and I love the tattooed names on their booties!

Colleen said...

You have very handsome young men!! I love the pajamas, those are too cute!

Annette Gysen said...

I had a hard time getting into this year, too--but I don't even have the stomach flu excuse. It was good to see you and Gavin on Sunday. I'm glad everybody is healthy again!

HennHouse said...

Your boys are getting SO BIG!!

So sorry about the flu... bad timing to fall the week of Christmas, but you all look amazing!

Anxious AF said...

It was the sickies going around that took out the Christmas spirit. For sure.

Heather said...

The jammies are so darn cute!!I should get them for Charlotte and Zoey next year!


The picture is great of you all.Especially my little Gavin guy ... so darling!

Hope you are all on the mend.How you missed it,I have no idea!Must be god protecting us mom's knowing that we can't afford to be sick!!

Happy New Year to you all!

Becky said...

I LOVE that last family picture - you guys are SO ADORABLE! I'm sorry you were sick with the flu. Thankfully it didn't hit us until after Christmas. We love you guys!