Sunday, March 4, 2007

Gavin continues to do well today. He keeps sprinting and having good gases. This means that when they draw his blood after an hour of sprinting the results show that his body continues to be well oxygenated. His nurse last night even said that Gavin's gas was "textbook perfect" after the sprint! Yea! Go Gavin!! Like I said before this is great news, but don't get too excited. They hope to remove him from the ventilator tomorrow, but this doesn't mean he will do well afterwards. It's happened before that the patient does great with sprinting and they have to be reintubated soon after. So, he may still need the trach and vent at home. I can't help but be cautiously hopeful though! Keep up the prayers!

I am planning to come home tomorrow night. I really don't want to leave with all that's going on with Gavin, but it's Jacob's birthday on Tuesday and I want to be home for that! I will come back to Ann Arbor on Wednesday, so I won't be gone for too long.

Hope you are having a great Sunday! May God bless you all, as he's blessed us, especially with His gift of you in our lives!

Love, Alicia

No comments: