Monday, March 19, 2007

Gavin is having a good day. He is calm, content and restful. This is so good to see! We are both more relaxed this way! He's having a busy day too! They did an echocardiogram on him to check the leak in his mitral valve and his heart function. We don't have any results yet. He also had physical therapy and occupational therapy, both in the same hour! So, he's worn out now and down for a nap. He has a long way to go to catch up with a baby of his age! Of course, he's been laying around sedated with hands tied down for months not able to do what a normal baby does. I learned a few things today to help him progress developmentally and physically. So, we are going to be busy. I told him no more lazy days! I'm going to be bugging him a lot!

I feel better today now that he is comfortable. I am tired of being here though. I'm beginning to feel caged in and had a hard time coming to the hospital today. But, once I got here and saw his little face and got busy with therapy I felt much better. I also read something that helped my attitude. It came from my devotional book. It talked about worrying and anxiety. It said that the word worry comes from a Greek word meaning "to divide the mind." Rather than keeping your focus on God, which gives us strength and a clear perception, it distorts our thinking taking away our energy and power. So, how do we stop? By doing our part and God can do the rest. Our part, it says, is to pray and thank God for everything. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7. So, I'm glad I read this! It's always good to get this type of reminder!

I hope you are all having a great day! Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

Love, Alicia

No comments: