Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter! Gavin is having a great day! Well, besides getting quite mad with the three dirty diapers he's had this morning! He has never liked these! He's snoozing now. We just got back from breaking out for the first time! We got to go on a stroller ride to visit the old unit he was on. We wanted to say our goodbyes and thank them for doing such a great job with Gavin. We never had grumpy nurses over there, that I can remember anyway! It was such a great feeling getting him out of his room and walking around! We had to take a lot of stuff (oxygen tank, 2 I.V. pumps and a feeding pump), but it was great all the same!

I have to share my wide-eyed wonderment thoughts that I had today. You might think that I'm crazy, but I'll share anyway! Have you ever thought about how AMAZING our bodies are?! God thought of everything! We eat and drink, and just think about all that our bodies have to do with it! Our bodies know just what do do with the nourishment we give it. We don't have to do a thing! I've been thinking about this because there are a couple of patients here getting dialysis treatments. For most of us our stomach, kidneys and livers do all of this for us and we don't even think about it. We are like a well oiled engine, except we (most of us) don't need oil changes every 3 months and we last a lot longer than the average car! Yes, I have too much time to sit and think, but it is quite amazing what God created in us and everthing else He created! Remember to thank Him today! I know that I have!

Have a great day! Thanks for your prayers and support! Oh, I have to say something about the Baker's idea for dealing with nurses in a diplomatic way. I LOVE it! It is very clever and informative too! Thanks! Joel and I got a good laugh out of that one!

Love, Alicia

No comments: