Saturday, April 7, 2007

Whoa! I didn't mean to get you guys going yesterday! I knew that the 'Mama Bear' got her claws out to protect her cub, but I guess Gavin has a family of 'bears' around to look out for him! I just want you to know that Gavin and I are doing fine and that the nurses here are great! I do plan on mentioning something before we leave to a supervisor. Joel had the best response, I thought. He said that when they complain about Gavin crying that I should say something like: "Oh, you don't want him to cry to let you know that there is something wrong? I'll teach him to press the call light and then have him tell you what he needs. I'll get right on that!" This might get their attention!

Gavin is having a good morning and slept well last night. Everything is in place to go home on Monday, as long as there is a bed available in G.R. We are getting excited, but a little nervous too. I'm just worried about having time to be with Gavin at the hospital and be there for the boys too. It's been easy here because all my time can be devoted to Gavin. I miss the boys and worry about them. Now I won't have to do this, but will probably be feeling stretched too thin. I know I'm getting ahead of myself and that I need to continue to trust and lean on God for the strength! I read in a book that I've been reading about submitting to God's will in all things. It said how sometimes it's easier to do this in times of great trial, but that it can be harder to do in everyday trials of life. I pray that I can always feel the tremendous 'full' feeling that I've felt through this trial. I know it was God's grace that gave me this feeling and I want to continue to see this when I get back to a more normal existence. We just have to look for God's grace in everything we do and try not to let the little things get us too down. This is what I've been praying about a lot lately!

Have a blessed Easter weekend! Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

Love, Alicia

No comments: