Wednesday, May 2, 2007

It's a great day!

Gavin continues to improve! He is back in a crib bed, (When on a ventilator they put babies in a regular hospital bed) and I love seeing him more normal in a baby bed! It also means that he is doing better! When Caleb and I got here this morning Gavin was wide awake checking everything out. He is definately more aware and becoming more like himself! This makes my heart soar! I have been so worried about the possibility of brain damage, so it's so good to see him beginning to interact with everyone more! He's not back to where he was, but has made so much progress in the last 24 hours that I'm feeling more confident in him neurologically. I've been praying a lot about this and asking God to help me with doubting when I pray. I feel such relief when I do this.

Everyone here at the hospital that comes to see Gavin in the last day is very pleased with how well he is doing! I guess he should be called the come back kid! He keeps giving us and the doctors heart attacks, but then always bounces back! (By the Grace of God, of course!) I had a talking with him and told him Momma's heart can't handle much more, so he better shape up! I also told some of the staff that they would have to pull me screaming to "the floor" again! It is my hope that they will keep Gavin in the I.C.U. until he can go home. This way he can be watched more closely and there will be less of a chance of this happening again. I think that they thought I was kidding, but I'm not!

Please continue to pray for Gavin's brain function and that he can remain healthy! Pray for our family's patience. Pray for the doctors and nurses, that they are given wisdom. We sooo appreciate your prayers and support!

Have a great day!

Love, Alicia and Family

6 comments:

Amy said...

I'm SOOOOO happy to read this latest news! YAY!!!!! Of course, I'm not surprised, seeing as Gavin always bounces back continually proves how strong of a fighter he is. Gavin ROCKS! :o)

Hugs all around! I love you all!

xoxo Aunt Amy

Kimberly Hass said...

It is so wonderful to hear all of the great news on Gavin! I kept checking my e-mail to get notification that there was an update then I realized that that was what Care Pages did and that I'd have to check this site for myself and there was the update with the great news! Love the new website, by the way.
So happy that Gavin seems more like himself and praying that there was little or no brain damage from the seizures and that they let him stay in ICU. Praying as well for you, Joel & the rest of the boys.
Love you,
Kimberly

jjsoppen48 said...

Little Gavin - We're so happy to hear that the ventilator is finally out again and that you're doing so well. We love you so very much. We'll be up soon to tell you this ourselves.
Love, Grandpa & Grandma O

Anonymous said...

Praise God! We are excited to hear more good news :) Thank you for continually sharing your journey with us. We're keeping up the prayers!! Love, Stephan and Emily

Inspired said...

That is such wonderful news!!! We couldn't be happier that Gavin is improving so well the last couple days.
The new website is beautiful! Aunt Amy did a great job. I'm glad you have a place to vent and speak freely. You deserve that at the very least.
Love to you all,
Julie (Tim & Rena too)

Aunt Jill and Uncle Mike said...

Great site!! We are so glad to hear that Gavin is doing so well (again). We will stop up this weekend to visit. Love, Uncle Mike and Aunt Jill