Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SEPTEMBER FIRST?!!

SERIOUSLY?! It can't be! This summer has flown by!

This time of year I always get into a funk. I truly dread this time of year! I hate that summer is ending and I hate having to send my boys back to school! And, since this summer seems like it's only lasted a month, I'm really having a hard time accepting that it's September! UGH!

I would seriously homeschool my boys, just to have them with me, except I know that I wouldn't be any good at it! Plus, they love going to school for the most part.

I'm trying to figure out why I love having my boys with me so much. I told Joel that they drive me nuts most of the time, but even when I get away from them to go to the store, I miss them terribly! I've decided that deep down I must love chaos, fighting, arguing, whining, noise.....because that is what I hear with them all day long! I must love it, because I can't stand to be away from them!

I guess I just have to face the fact that I'm crazy.....this is the only explanation that makes sense! :)

I still have a few more days with them home with me, so I hope to make the best of them!

As for Gavin, I think he's really going to miss his brothers too! He's only in school a few hours each day and when he is home with just me, I really think that he gets bored.

Speaking of Gavin, a weird thing happened with him lastnight.

Gavin was so emotional! Maybe it's because he is feeling sad about his brothers going back to school again too? He was really sensitive to noises and was startling at every little thing, and then he would get his pouty face going and break into sobbing episodes. It was so sad to see!

At one point, he was doing well. We were singing songs together, and then he just broke into a crying episode. It was almost like he didn't know how to express his happy side and it turned into crying instead! He was happy one moment and trying to sing with me, and it was like he couldn't make himself sing and smile, but he really wanted to, but couldn't figure out the emotion he wanted to express. So instead, he burst into tears! It was really sad!

This went on and off for about an hour and it took Caleb to get him out of this funk. Caleb is really good at making Gavin happy, but he was away at Joel's softball game, so he couldn't help at the time. When he got home I told him to talk to Gavin and it did the trick! I think it's because Caleb is so full of energy and goofy noises and this distracted Gavin from whatever was going on inside his little head.

Poor boy! I wish that I knew what was going on in that sweet little brain of his!



Well, I'm off to spend time with my boys and try not to think of the fact that they are starting school in less than a week! :(


"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

8 comments:

Amy said...

Poor little buddy! We all have days like that, but for most of us, we can communicate to some degree what is bothering us. Thank goodness for Caleb - he saved the day! :o)

As for you, this happens every year and you make it through! Try to focus on FALL, your favorite time of year! On my drive into work, I saw leaves falling from trees and thought of how happy you would be to know that it's almost upon us. I vote that you start planning for a trip to the pumpkin patch as a way to look forward to the fun time ahead. (((HUGS)))

Reagan Leigh said...

Reagan does that exact same thing! When she's like that you have to be careful about making her too happy because next thing you know she'll be in tears!! Not sure why this happens, it's a fairly new phenominon with her. Definitely a little bipolar!

Debbie said...

mine started today...

it is eerily quiet around here (Hudson is sleeping still)

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

What a weird thing - Emily does that sometimes too! If she is overly excited and happy, she will start crying! It's almost like their brains know they are feeling a lot of emotion but cannot control which emotion is emitted. I don't know if that even makes sense! LOL

We go back on the 8th. Both kids go, and they both love it. We had a great, relaxing summer .. and I am sad to start school again. I'm sure I will get in the groove quick though and be happy that the house is empty and quiet. :)

Lacey said...

We are so the same way. We do everything with our boys, and hate to be away from them for long. We were going nuts without Mondo and Carter for the two days that they were home and we were in California! I do think this Ukraine trip will be good, because as much as I love my boys, I think we both need to spend time apart so we know we will survive without each other. I think that is important. Although I know I'll be bawling in Ukraine, missing my boys!

Cammie Heflin said...

I don't know what it is about this pic, but Gavin looks like such a big boy!! What is happening to our babies???

Inspired said...

Thinking of you! I know you hate sending the boys back to school. We are looking forward to be being back on a schedule!

Colleen said...

I can't believe it's September either. Isaac sometimes laughs and cries at the same time LOL. He's very sensitive to too much stimulation. If it's too noisy he gets really upset.