Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I woke up feeling quite sad today. I feel bad not being there for Gavin. He is so defenseless. I know he is doing fine, especially since our favorite nurse has been there taking care of him a lot, but I wish I could be in two places at once! It has been good being home with Joel and the boys, they seem glad to have me here too. I've been receiving lots of kisses and hugs! It's nice doing the normal things, like sending the boys off to school, doing homework, etc. I've been keeping in contact with Gavin's nurses and he has been doing fairly well. Some issues with low blood pressure and having fevers, but otherwise good. They are preparing him for surgery on Friday, giving him extra blood, etc.

His nurse (our favorite) even called us this evening to fill us in and said she'd be taking care of him the day of surgery. We are thankful for this!

It was wonderful being able to goto our church Sunday! We sang the song "When peace, like a river." It pretty much sums up the peace we have been given by God throughout this time. It talks about how though we may face "trials and sorrows" in our lives God gives us "peace, like a river" and that we are able to feel "well with our soul." I had a hard time singing it all without crying because I was overcome with emotion and thanks for this feeling of peace and love! What a blessing!

Please continue to pray for Gavin and his medical team! We will pray that all of you will be overcome with God's peace in your life, as we are!

Love, The Alicia

No comments: