Monday, April 30, 2007

Gavin is doing well today. They were hoping to get the ventilator off today, but they feel that there is a little swelling in his throat and want to give him a steroid to decrease the swelling for 24 hours before removing the tube. Patience!!! They want to give him the best opportunity to get off and stay off the vent. So, I understand their reasoning.

My sister is working on a new site (note: the site she was working on is THIS site you are reading...all entries you see here were originally on a different site) for me to update you on. THANKYOU AMY!!! I received an e-mail about some of the things that I've posted. I guess it was from CarePages. They erased some things that I had updated you on, saying that they were negative comments. They are now monitoring our site and will shut it down if anything else negative is put on it. Of course it's been negative! Look at all that Gavin's been going through! So anyway, thanks to Amy, we will soon be updating you from a different site, where I can tell you all that I feel is necessary.

Please pray that Gavin continues to make progress and can come off the vent real soon. Pray that his brain function is normal too! Thankyou!

I'm going to leave you with something that I read in my devotional. Nolan's class is also learning about this! I guess I was meant to hear this! Anyway, it has definately given me comfort, so I'm going to share it with you. It's from James, Chapter 1. It talks about suffering from trials and learning patience from them. It also talks about being full of joy because the trials will bring good. We are to pray and "ask God in faith, with no doubting" during these times. I learned from this, because I pray all the time, but when thinking about it, I have found that I am probably doubting God's ability to change things at the same time! I think it's because we've seen so much continue to happen with Gavin, but I have to remember all the good that has come out of this too! Plus, who am I to doubt what God has the ability to do??!! So, from now on I plan on praying with true faith and no doubting. I know that I will need to depend on God for this ability and ask for this in my many prayers as well.

Have a great day!

Love, Alicia

No comments: