Thursday, April 19, 2007

I am overwhelmed! I'm overwhelmed with emotion, thankfulness and God's wonderful grace! So many people have supported us over the last few months! We have been sent hundreds of cards, had meals made for us, been given many gifts, have had wonderful caregivers for our children and so many prayers sent our way! This week we were given a beautiful prayer quilt made by an old friend that we haven't seen in years. (Thankyou Melissa!!!) It has strings on it and people who've said prayers for Gavin can tie a knot in one of the strings. What a wonderful gift and reminder of how many have prayed for Gavin! Then yesterday, some friends from our church stopped by to give us something. It was a gift bag full of cards, gift certificates and money from many people from the congregation. I was shocked and overwhelmed! I was able to hold the tears in until they left, but Oh did they come! I keep asking myself why so many people have been so good to us! Then I read in my devotions last night about why God sends good things our way. It said because He loves us! That's why He gave His Son up to die for us and save us from our sins! Because He's a loving God and cares for us! Amazing!!! So, I say THANKYOU to God and I say THANKYOU to all of you for all that has been done for us!

Gavin has been very peaceful and happy. I got THE BIGGEST smile yet last night! I guess he's thankful too! He does have an antibiotic resistant bacteria in his urine. Please pray for this to go away. He also seems more lethargic than normal which worries me a little, but maybe he's just feeling better and can sleep easier? They were a little concerned because he lost a little weight too. But, of course, they are concerned when he gains it too! He just can't please those doctors I guess!

Keep up those prayers! We appreciate them! Have a great day!

Love, Alicia

No comments: