Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Guess who's in the hospital again? You got it, Gavin! He has been quite fussy the last couple of days. He is often times fussy, but it's only because he loves to be held. As soon as someone holds him he's usually happy as can be. Yesterday nothing helped. He just cried and cried! Last night he came down with a fever and was starting to look dehydrated again, so away he went to the E.R. with Joel. I didn't have it in me to take him after the day I had with him, so I'm so thankful Joel has today off and was able to take him in. So far all the tests are coming back negative, but they decided to admit him until they find out what is wrong. So, here we go again!!! Please pray that he feels better soon and that they can figure out what is going on with him. Also, please pray that we can get some sleep and not be grumpy! Pray for our boys too! I feel so bad that their life is always disrupted by this!

Thanks for your prayers! I'll keep you posted.

Love, Alicia and Family

6 comments:

Annette Gysen said...

I'll be praying for a quick return home for Gavin. Hope he feels better soon. It's so good that you and Joel have each other to give "breaks" now and then.

I think this heat has been making everyone a little grumpy, but sleep does help! Hopefully you can get some of that soon, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm hanging on every word you are writing, good and bad, sad and happy, motivated and frustrated.
My heart brakes to hear that you are back in the hospital...may God be with you and hold you and let you feel HIS never ending love!

ANTJE

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that Gavin is in the hospital. We pray that they can find some answers to why he feels so lousy. Poor little guy can't catch a break. We pray for the family as well. You all have been through so much and it does not get any easier. May God continue to give you the strength that you need. Love The Hilton's

Kimberly Hass said...

Alicia,

So sorry to hear that Gavin is back in the hospital. Please keep us updated. Hopefully they will be able to find out why he's not feeling well and he'll be better & home very soon. Praying for Gavin, you, Joel and all of the boys.
On a lighter note, it was great to see you and Gavin Friday. He looked great! Hopefully, he'll be out of the hospital so that we can see him (and all of the VanderWall clan) on Saturday.
Love you,
Kimberly

Amy said...

OH NO!!!! My eyes bugged out and my stomach plunged when I read this news. I'm SO sorry to hear Gavin is back in the hospital...but I'm certainly glad he was able to tell you something was wrong so it can be corrected soon and he can come home FAST. My prayers and support are with you...please let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do (besides pray...and hope a lot)!! I love you all! Keep us posted, please.

xoxo Aunt Amy

Inspired said...

I'm sorry Gavin is back in the hospital again. Mom and Kimberly said he looked great on Friday and it was good to see him without all those uncomfortable tubes. We hope he has a quick recovery. We are so looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. If you need help with the other boys, we would be happy to take them so they can play with Rena while camping.
Love you so much. Hang in there. We are sending lots of love and hugs - xoxoxox
Julie