Monday, June 2, 2008

Live like you were dying

I just posted a short time ago and, ironically, chose the song: "Live like you were dying" as the song to play on the blog for the day. After posting I went to a site that I've been following about a precious little baby named Jacob. (http://www.fahmer.blogspot.com/) When I arrived there, after not visiting his site for a couple of days, I found out that he had passed away Saturday evening. My heart aches for his wonderful family! Please be in prayer for them, as they must be suffering so! I know that they will get through this. I know this because they have such a huge faith in God! But, please keep them in your thoughts and prayers!

Little Jacob's life has surely touched so many and I know that God had a great purpose in him! Jacob's family often signed off on their posts by saying that we should "go hug someone you love tightly today" or to do something kind for someone else. They were living a full life with Jacob, knowing that his life on earth was going to be short. His family took such great care of him and saw what a blessing his life was! So, in memory of this sweet, miraculous boy, I want to remind all of you to "live like you or someone you love were dying" today and every day! Live!! And, more importantly, Live for the Lord!!!


"Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life." Revelation 2:10

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

4 comments:

Tamara said...

You have wonderful words to say about Jacob and I think we can all gleen from his short life! Yes, I agree we should live like its our last day here as it very well could be! Thank you for the encouragement! Tamara

The VW's said...

Tamara,

Yes, his life had great meaning and we all could learn from the lessons he and his family taught!

Hope you and your family are doing well! Thanks for the lessons I've learned from you and your sweet Abby!

Alicia

boltefamily said...

Praying for the Fahmer family!

The VW's said...

Boltes,

We continue to pray for your family as well! The Fahmers and The Boltes, two of the world's most inspirational families! Thank you for the lessons learned!

Alicia