Monday, November 24, 2008

Doctor Visit

I brought Gavin to the doctor for a well child check-up on Friday. He was not happy about the visit! He cried when we walked in the door. He cried when I took his clothes off to be weighed. He cried when we weighed him. He cried when the doctor checked his ears. He cried when the doctor looked in his mouth. After the doctor left the room he settled down.....but just in time for the nurses to come in to give him his shots! The nurses and I prepared ourselves for his outraged cry. They stuck him with the 2 needles. We waited..........No Cry! I can't figure him out. He cries when he gets a bath.(Most children love baths!) He cries when I put a shirt over his head.(Not a big deal.) Yet he doesn't cry when he's stuck with a needle!?!? Go figure!

Last week I noticed a white growth growing under Gavin's tongue. The doctor looked at it and wants him to be seen by his ear, nose, throat doctor. It will have to be removed and then have a biopsy done on it. I had no idea what it could be, so I googled it. Bad idea! There were so many bad things that it could be, yet so many benign things that it could be. I'm just glad that we only have to wait until December 9 to get in to see this doctor. Please pray that it turns out to be nothing of concern. With Gavin having Down syndrome, there are increased chances of him coming down with so many diseases. Cancer is one of them. It's always at the back of my mind, after reading about so many children with Down syndrome having cancer. So, I'm a little worried. I'm not too worried, but worried. Please pray for my peace of mind until we find out what it could be. Thank you!

Other than that, Gavin checked out well. I'm thankful for this! This week, as we approach Thanksgiving, I am trying to focus on all that I have to be thankful for. I've decided that I have a lot to be thankful for and Gavin definitely tops the list! Here are some pictures of Gavin being thankful:




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gavin laughing as I tickle him!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~Gavin smiling one of his sweet little smiles!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." Psalm 106:1

6 comments:

HennHouse said...

What a sweetheart he is in those photos!!

We'll be praying for you both!

Annette Gysen said...

We'll be praying that this new "find" is absolutely nothing at all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you! I'm sure that if he could, Gavin would thank you for all of the loving care you give to him and for giving him a happy life--in spite of the hard things he's had to go through.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

What a great smile he has! I hope that the bump in his mouth is nothing. My peanut has had something called a Mucocele in her mouth removed. I hope that Gavin's is something as innocent as this.

Shan said...

Ugh on the shots, but what a tough boy! I love those smiles! He's adorable, as always! Praying that the mouth thing is nothing! I have to ask though, "well child visit". What on earth is that? I'm not familiar;)

connie said...

OK, praying it will be nothing. Stay away from googling stuff like that, silly girl! Haven't we at least learned that, yet??

Anonymous said...

We are praying that Gavin stays healthy. Also praying that the biopsy shows nothing of concern. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving. Love The Hilton's