Monday, May 4, 2009

How You Know That Summer is Surely Coming:

There are several refreshing signs that let you know that Summer is on it's way here in Michigan. Winter seems to last forever here and some days it seems like warm weather will never come again! This weekend showed signs that we are confident that warm weather is definitely on it's way!

Joel tilled the garden and helped the boys put up the trampoline again. The trampoline is a favorite pastime of theirs and it means that I will be told, "I'm bored.", a whole lot less!






Caleb has started bringing me flowers that he has picked. He loves doing this and I love getting them!



Like I said in my last post, sports take over our lives.





And, Gavin can wear his baseball hat, instead of a winter one, when we are outside!




AHH.....Summer is finally on it's way! :)


"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Woo Hoo for warmer weather!!! And trampolines!!

What a sweet little guy Caleb is for bringing you flowers! And I love that last pic of Gavin, too cute!

Have a great week,

Alicia

Lacey said...

Oh my gosh, Caleb looks just like Gavin. Send some of that summer our way, I'm tired of 60 degree weather. Carter has had 6 games cancelled. Yeah, thats a lot to have to make up.

Lacey said...

hey I'll definitly let you know when the barbeque is. We have plenty of room at our house for you to stay. The boys have a gigantic room downstairs, they could all have a sleepover. And you could have our spare bedroom upstairs. Come on over.

Heather said...

Hooray ... we are spoiled her in California but having lived in Upstate NY for 26 years,I know just where you are coming from.Great pictures of the kids.Gavin is so darn cute in that last one.Jealous you all may be getting together.Maybe one day we all can find a meeting place and converge there.Enjoy these beautiful,busy days.Kisses from California.

Michelle said...

YAY warm weather. Your pics are so good! I love when the kids do sweet things like picking us flowers!

And sports, well we know how much you love them!!!:)

Anxious AF said...

I was just thinking we needed a trampoline.
I am so glad summer is near, we need a break outside!

HennHouse said...

Oh he is SO CUTE!

What fun your boys all seem to have together!

Annette Gysen said...

Mowing the lawn (which the males handle :)), breaking out the grill, opening windows to get fresh air, going for walks, seeing and smelling the blossoms on the trees . . . It does make everything seem at least a little easier!

Gavin's cuteness, though, is not bound by the seasons! He's four-season cute!