Thursday, December 30, 2010

Boys, Boys, Everywhere!

As I type this post, I am listening to our middle boys. Here are a few of the actual things that have come out of their mouths in the last 5 minutes:

1. "Caleb keeps killing me!"
2. "Caleb, close your lightsaber!"
3. "Aaaaughhhh!"
4. Insert shooting noises here...
5. "Get him!"
6. "AHH HAA!"
7. "Die you! This is what you get for killing him!"
8. Insert flying noises here...
9. "Don't kill me!"
10. "Stop it! I'm sick of this! I quit!"
11. "Don't kill him! Stop!"
12. "Let's get em' boys!"


All boys, all the time!

The noises are annoying. The conversations are loud, and are all about fighting.

This house is definitely ALL Blue!

Check out the shirt that I got for Gavin:






It says, "Boys Only! (Except Mom)"

Yep! That about sums up our house...even the dog is a male! I am so in the minority around here!

I TOTALLY LOVE my boys! They definitely make life exciting and full of adventure! Plus, my boys are seriously the BEST! And, I am really going to miss them when their Christmas vacation is over!

BUT.....just so you know.....this Momma dreams in, and of, PINK!

And, This is one dream that I pray comes true someday!


"The streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in it's streets." Zechariah 8:5

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I love it!
Beware...boys can turn the cutesy little girls in to light saber, wrestling, running and shouting like boys kinda girls....
it's amazing how girls feel the need to keep up with the boys!!!!!!

I think to balance it out you need at least 2 girls for every boy! (wink!) ;)

Hope said...

Your house sounds fun! My girls are all about Dance central lately. I'd go for some good killing games right about now (so would my only son!). LOL!!

Cammie Heflin said...

I pray it comes true for you too!!! It did for Lacey!!!

Lacey said...

It will, just like it did for me. I love that I don't have to say I have all boys anymore. And we are having so much fun with her its sickening! She is such a crack up!
I love having my boys home, but they are making me crazy this time. I had to laugh because my boys are saying all those things. They all got nerf guns for Christmas, and they haven't stopped shooting each other yet. And I can't believe how much they are fighting this holiday. I want to strangle them all!

Becky said...

My sister has SIX boys and found out earlier this year that she was pregnant. (oops) Guess what? She's having a GIRL! She doesn't even know what to do with herself. :) I know it will happen for you too!!!!

Heather said...

We had the 3 girls then the boys and then,well,Miss Zoey ... final count 4-2!I love that I have been able to experience both.Really has been an education in many moments.But full of blessings.Loads of that.

I pray that pink comes your way too.I really think it will.My heart tells me so.

Wishing you and your beautiful family a very,very happy New Year!

April said...

HAPPY New year to one very special boy family! That post made me laugh- sounds like my house :)

Jenkins said...

Coming from a house of only boys too...and after Chrismtas break...oh boy!

Love the shirt.