Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Down Syndrome Basketball Player Inspires

Just watched this on Facebook and had to share!

Down Syndrome Basketball Player Inspires Tennessee Team

I had tears rolling down my face.....partly for this young man, partly for all who have Down syndrome, and partly for my sweet Gavin.

I ache each and every day for him, wishing that he hadn't suffered a massive stroke that has left him unable to do almost anything for himself. I wish so badly that Gavin had been given the opportunity to do things like the young man in the video! Heck! I'd just love it if he had the capability to sit up on his own!

I long for the day when I will see Gavin running in Heaven! This day can't come soon enough!

I guess it took this video to get me out of my blogging slump. This blog has always been mostly about Gavin, and the last couple of months have been hard on me, concerning him.....and concerning a few other issues. So, I haven't felt like blogging much. I mean, who wants to read about a pitiful mom, who wants so much more for her son?

Things are actually going fairly well for Gavin, but it's the day to day issues that I struggle with. Gavin can't sit up....he can't walk.....he can't talk.....etc. And, it's so hard to want so much for your child.....knowing that there is nothing you can do to change what happened, and there is nothing you can do to change the future.

Days are tough! But, I have my sweet boy and his smile lifts me up each day! I thank God for those amazing smiles! And, I'm thankful to know that even though Gavin's future on this earth is not full of promise.....his future is great.....because God holds that future.

Love one another! Be thankful for your abilities and those of your children! Life is so very fragile.....I'm really trying to focus on handling this fragile life with lots of prayer.

Watch the video, if you didn't! It's inspiring! And, if you ask me.....so is my precious boy!


"Finally, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." Titus 4:8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to my eyes too.