Monday, March 5, 2007

It is extubation day in Gavin's room! He and his roomate both got off the ventilator this morning! Yea!!! Gavin is doing good, but not great. When they draw his blood gas it shows that he is oxygenated, but not blowing off enough CO2. Which means he's acidodic. This is all I can tell you, I don't understand all of it. Hopefully he will start to have better gases, they are drawing them every hour. Pray! Pray! Pray!

It is so weird to see Gavin's upper lip! It has been taped holding the vent tube in place for the last couple of months. When they took it off it looked like it does when a guy shaves his mustache after having it for awhile. I'm just not used to seeing it. He looks so cute, I got pictures! Everyone is still cautiously hopeful that he will stay off the vent. But, we'll just have to wait and see.

I am planning on leaving here late this evening. It will be hard leaving with things hanging in the balance, but I know he will be taken care of and that God has the plan in place! It is just so exciting to see things progressing this far!

Please pray for Gavin's roomate, Michael, too. He is in a similar boat as Gavin. His mom and I have gotten close this week. She is very kind and it's been nice having someone to talk to. Thanks for the prayers! I know God is answering them! He has sustained Gavin and us and will continue to do so. His grace is never ending!

Love, Alicia

No comments: