Friday, May 29, 2009

Last Day.....

This is the last morning, for about 3 months, that I will:

Have to say:

"Hurry Up!, Take a bite!, Drink!, You are going to be late for school!, What are you doing?.....You are supposed to be getting dressed! Do you want to stay home from school? Brush your teeth! Quickly get your shoes on and head to the van!"

Have to hear:

"I can't find my folder., I forgot my lunch bag at school., I forgot that I had to do this homework., I can't find any socks that match., Where is my coat?, I can't find my shoes...I think that I left them outside by the trampoline."

It's also the last morning that I will see this for a while:



And, this: (Nolan and Caleb always wave goodbye to me when they get out of the van for school.)



And, it's the last time for a while that I will have to load Gavin up in the van with his PJ's on, just having had to wake him up to bring the boys to school.



I think that Gavin is happy about this!

I am so looking forward to this change! I'm looking forward to no homework and no studying! (Although I did buy the boys workbooks to work on this summer, to keep their brains from turning to mush! Jacob was not pleased about this, but Nolan and Caleb "Can't wait to get started on them!") I am looking forward to lazy days and playing outside with the boys, hearing all the commotion that goes on with them around! I'm looking forward to water gun fights and popsicle breaks! I'm looking forward to just spending more time with my boys!

BUT...

I am SO NOT looking forward to hearing, "I'm bored., He pushed me!, I have nothing to do., He won't play with me!..........etc."

And, I'm not really looking forward to having these types of creatures brought to me all day long!



And, having to deal with crying because we have to let them go again! "But, he's my friend! Hopster wants to stay with me! I'll miss him! Why can't we keep him?!"



Yay! Summer vacation begins today! I am truly excited about this! But.....We'll see just how happy I am after a week of it! :)

HAPPY SUMMER!!!

"You have set all the borders of the earth; You have made summer and winter." Psalm 74:17

15 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Oh I love the toad!! Have a great summer.

Lacey said...

I'm very torn about summer too. No more worrying about school stuff, but they are home ALL DAY. Yuk.
I will look up Michigan and see if they will take an email, because this surgery is really rare and not many people do it. I have heard of this doc because Jax therapist has a nephew that is a HLHS and they lived in Michigan, and that doctor invented the surgeries to correct HLHS. Also we talked about going there for a brain surgery for siezures, they supposidly have a great surgery for kids with siezures coming from every part of the brain. We could hang out so much, because I know Jax would be there for a while.

Lacey said...

Is it Paul Bove? I'm calling his office right now because I couldn't find an email address for him.

Alicia said...

HOORAY FOR SUMMER!!! What a blessing that two of your boys are excited to do some brain work this summer.

As for the toad and all the other creatures that will grace your household this summer... Ha Ha Ha! SO glad it is not me! At least not yet!! ;) Good luck with that!

Have a great weekend!

Anxious AF said...

Im excited too! We have 1 and a half days left.
I HATE waking up a baby to got to school, its just not fair for them.

Michelle said...

Toad-ally a mixed blessing, I agree!! I swear we must have been separated at birth...great minds just think alike I guess!!!

Hope said...

Add me to the torn list. Today is also the last day of school for us and I'm not looking forward to the constant fighting and complaining. Maybe they'll surprise us this year!

Happy Summer;)

Amy said...

Wow, congrats on making it through another year! I hope this summer brings you a million smiles and no boo-boo's. And maybe just one toad...he's a cutie! :o)

Love you all!

xoxo Aunt Amy

HennHouse said...

Yeah!! Happy summer!

(one more week over here at the HennHouse)

Cathy said...

I love your post! It is all so true. My babies (before Annabel) will be Senior this year. I am so trying not to get irritated and knowing that they will be away in college and my house will be empty except for sweet Annabel who is utterly so quiet.
You have such a handsome group of boys. Enjoy your summer so much!

Anonymous said...

I found you through Jaxson's blog. Cute family! My youngest son will be graduating from high school, so the only one in school now will be my Lily! Time flys - cherish it!

Lacey said...

Ok, so I talked to Edward Bove's assistant. He is out of town until next week, but I sent her an email about Jax and she is going to forward it to him and we'll see what he says.
I talked to my hemo and he said he's been emailing Boston and he keeps getting an autoreply saying they are out of the office. It leaves a number to call if its urgent but the number also has a message. He said he's got all of Jax history and paperwork ready so when he gets a hold of Boston he can send it right out. Hopefully soon I'll hear something.

Shan said...

Yay for summer! As for the toad, boys are like foreigners to me. Do they really bring you toads? All I know is girls... all those boys are adorable though:)

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

We have another two and a half weeks until summer. I think all of us moms relate to the torn feelings. Excited about lazy days, but not looking forward to the "I'm bored"s. LOL

Inspired said...

Ahh the good and crazy times of summer. It is always a mix of good and bad. No homework and packed lunches and finding matching socks (what is it with the socks!!!). We have a very busy summer ahead of us and I'm sure half way through I'll be ready for the calm schedule that a new fall school year brings. Enjoy every minute...toads and all!!
Love,
Julie