Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Planting Seeds

This past weekend Joel and the boys planted our garden. The boys enjoy planting the seeds and the plants. They also enjoy eating the produce that grows. But, they do not like weeding, watering or picking the garden! It's good for them though! I know that they will appreciate their efforts some day. Here they are planting the garden.








I can't wait to taste the fruits of their labor! (Well, minus the brussel sprouts anyway...Yuck! Joel loves them!) I only wish that Gavin would give food more of a try, but he still prefers and appreciates his tube feedings!

Here he is before I tried feeding him by mouth today:



Here he is during and after I fed him by mouth:





Here he is giving me quite the look of disgust!



He's tolerating it better than he used to. He used to cry and gag for several minutes after being given a bite. Now, he just gags a little, gives looks of how he feels about it, and complains for a short time. Maybe just maybe, there is hope that he will enjoy eating some day!


The Parable of the Sower Explained

"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience." Luke 8:11-15

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I cannot wait to plant a garden!! What can you plant as just seeds vs plants??? Do you can as well?

Ok, loving the eating shots, Mommy, how dare you try to give him food??? I love the looks on his face. Fortunately looks cannot kill!!!lol! :)

Lacey said...

I know it can take a while for an oral aversion to be overcome. Is that all your backyard? Its huge.
I want to plant a garden but i need to find a good place to put it. I ordered the napnanny, now just waiting impatiently for it to come.

Cindy said...

OK, I don't think that is a garden, it looks huge!!! Yum, it must be great!!!!

Feeding is such a difficult obstacale! I don't understand it....

What has changed with Gavin- his face looks so animated in the pictures. He looks different from your previous pictures to me. But, maybe that is response from really not wanting that food in his mouth! He is so handsome!!

Blessing from MN-

Alicia said...

OK, first, I just have to say that the last shot of Gavin is just the most adorable thing I have ever seen!! That is the epitome of "if looks could kill..."!!

Yeah, that's not a garden. That's a full blown farm!!! It looks great and looks like you will have some yummy yields from it! I am definitely with you on the brussel sprouts though... Ick Yuck Blech!

Annette Gysen said...

That's a big garden you guys have! Good thing you have all those boys to help out!

And Gavin's last look is awesome! That face alone communicates pretty clearly what's going on in the head :)!

Tamara said...

ok I came by yesterday and wanted to leave a comment, but had to leave for my moms appointment! Boo... so here I am again.... First I LOVE this song you have on your site!!!! Second I love that you have a garden! So different than those cold white wintery photos!!! Yeah, I love digging in the ground and I can't wait to see all the beautiful things that will come of it! Alicia, I can't believe how Gavins face is changing!!!!! he is getting so big... my little warrior! So sweet! (((HUGS)))

connie said...

Do you give him practice tastes every day? Maybe that is why Mal is still stuck in the gag mode, because I get so stressed over the gagging, that I don't try very often. Yikes. I hate the idea of starting that gag/vomit/gag cycle all over again, though.