Wednesday, June 23, 2010

IF YOU BUILD IT.....











.....THEY WILL SWIM!!!






This was a year in the making and it's FINALLY done!

Last year we were given an above ground pool and all we had to do was: take down the pool, transport it to our house, dig a hole, do lots of measuring and planning, buy a new liner, erect the pool, fill it with water and then, breathe a sigh of relief that it is ALL DONE!

*When I say "we", it mostly means.....my wonderful husband, my fantastic boys and a few TERRIFIC friends!*

Since I was the one who wanted the pool so much and this was a TON of work.....I feel so blessed to have such great people in my life! THANK YOU!!!!!

I am so excited to have this pool up! I wanted it, of course for fun, but I also REALLY wanted it to hopefully help Gavin get used to water. As I've said before, Gavin detests water, but he has always done fairly well in water, if I am holding him while he is in it. I really think that Gavin will become accustomed to water a little better now that we have this pool!

Here he is during his first try in:



Do you see the sheer terror in his face?! Poor boy!

Oh wait.....maybe this isn't too bad.



We are taking it very slowly with him. Just one toe at a time...literally! The water is still quite cold and I don't want to make him even more afraid of water, but hopefully by the end of the summer he will love it! That is my goal for the summer anyway!

And, when Gavin isn't being forced to go into the pool, he will be chillin' on the deck.....made in the shade!



Do you see his very own fan? Yep....he is one pampered boy! But, he is so worth it!


"Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it." Psalm 127:1

9 comments:

Alicia said...

That is so AWESOME!!! I am so glad that the project is finally done and the boys can enjoy the fruits of their labor. And I hope and pray Gavin gets used to the water, it can be so therapeutic.

Great job guys!

Amy said...

YAY!! The boys (Gavin aside!) must be ecstatic to have this new toy to play in! Can't wait to see them splashing around...I might even come float my round self in it soon, too! ;o)

Debbie said...

LOVE the pool...you are sure to have a great summer and create many memories!

The pool device Hudson is wearing is a Danmar head float. Hudsons PT ordered a couple for pool therapy and got one to lend us for our trip. He will no way get his head under with it on however with that alone his body would float up and he would be on his back, so the aqua jogger is a lifejacket that only goes around the torso and will keep him upright and free to move all limbs without me having to hold him. When I got him in the set-up I will take a pic so you can see. I have a ph# for the head flotation if you need it. Not really sure if it is considered "therapy" device or not. I like the idea of being anle to stretch him in water and not having to hold him too!

Lacey said...

how cool. I've never seen a pool like that put up! I agree, don't put him in when its cold, or he'll hate water more. Jax loves water, but he will cry if its cold!

April said...

HOW FUN! I'm sure you will spend many delightful hours in the water this summer!

Becky said...

You are SO LUCKY! I'm so happy for you my friend!!! :)

Michelle said...

FUN! FUN! FUN!! I just know Gavin is going to be a water dog by summer's end!1

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great gift! I'd love to get a pool and that size! It's great! And how wonderful to have friends who are willing to help in so many different ways.

I agree you probably need to let the water warm up. Isabelle does best in warm water. But hopefully throughout the summer it will warm up and little by little he'll become more comfortable with it and of course hopefully you'll get a little R & R time in the pool for yourself as well.

Annette Gysen said...

Looks like fun! Should keep all those boys busy, hungry, and tired!