Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I was listening to a song this morning on the way to the hospital. It said "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." It got me thinking and emotional. I believe God answers ALL prayers, maybe not how we would like it to be answered, but He does answer them! I know that while pregnant I prayed for a healthy child...We got Gavin with many health issues, but I know that he is one of the greatest gifts I've been given and I thank God for him! I think Gavin is in our lives for a very special reason! He has brought so much to so many already! We are all struggling with this, but God has a plan for Gavin, You and Me. I am honored that God has given us this opportunity to become more focused on Him. He is using this situation to do good and I continue to trust in His plan!

Also, so many of you have said things to me such as, "You are so strong, incredible, a wonderful mother, etc." While I do appreciate this and it makes me feel good, I know it is only through the grace of God that I am surviving this! I am amazed at the peace I feel and know it comes from Him! Thankfully I know this or I might be getting quite a Big head with all your thoughtful comments! They do help brighten my day! God is using you to keep our family strong and at peace! Thankyou!

Gavin is having a peaceful day and just hanging out. They are trying to keep him at a good level of sedation so that he feels free from pain and anxiety(especially with the vent tube down his throat.) We are still waiting to hear from Dr. Bove on whether or not additional work on his mitral valve is an option. I'll let you know when I find out.

Have a great day! I'm doing much better and am at peace with the situation.

Love, Alicia

No comments: