Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Well, I officially feel like I'm sinking. I know that God has a plan and I continue to know He will get us through this, but I want to go home and have Gavin doing well! It has been a difficult couple of days. Yesterday I told you that there is a possibility of another surgery. I was praying that he would not need one then, but today that option sounds better than others that were given. So, today I am praying that surgery to repair the valve is an option. If the surgeon feels that this can't be done, then the only other option they see is to give him a tracheotomy and to be on a vent at home until surgery is an option or other problems he has(lungs,etc.)clear up. We won't really know more until the cardiologist can talk with Dr. Bove tonight. He is out of town today. Please pray that surgery can be done and that the valve can be repaired enough to get Gavin off the ventilator and home again!

Gavin is doing well today. They are just trying to keep him comfortable until they have more information.

I'm sorry to bring you down, but these are the facts. I know God will bring us all through and it will make us stronger and more reliant on Him. He is in control and knows best!

Thankyou for your continued prayers and support! Hopefully I'll have better news tomorrow.

Love, Alicia

No comments: