Monday, February 26, 2007

Gavin has had a rough night and day. He now has an infection in his lungs and is on three antibiotics for this. He also had to go back high on the ventilator settings. He is also still needing the pacemaker to keep his heart in a normal rhythm. They can't do surgery to put in a permanent pacemaker until the infection is cleared up more. Poor little guy! I feel so bad for him! I wish I could be there with him, but I'm still sick, although starting to feel better today. Plus, I know the rest of the family needs me around too at times. Jacob asked when I was going back and I told him Wednesday morning, then I asked him when he thought that I should go back. He said never! I wish this were the case too! Nolan keeps telling me how glad he is that I'm home and even said "your the best mom in the universe!" He is sad that Gavin isn't here though and tells people that the whole family isn't together yet! It's so sad for me to see them havig to go through all of this! Caleb seems, well..., like Caleb! He's a happy kid most of the time, unless he's not getting his way! Although they say he really misses me when I'm gone. We are very blessed with the enormous support that our family and friends are giving us during this time! Things could be so much harder for us and the kids without this, especially the Grandmas!!! We couldn't even express how much their support and love has meant to us!!!

Our biggest support, of course, comes from God! We have days and minutes of feeling down, but over all He has kept us strong and at peace! We know He has a greater purpose for all of us enduring this. We also know that He will not give us more than we can bear. We are thankful for this knowledge which helps us when we feel like we can't handle it anymore. Plus, God loves Gavin more than I could even try to (which is a lot!!!).

Thankyou for your continued prayers and support!

Love, Alicia

No comments: