Friday, April 13, 2007

Gavin reached a big milestone yesterday! He no longer has any I.V.! He has had some form of one (at one point, three!) since December 26th! We are so happy about this! This means that he is only on oral, or in his case, NG tube medicines. So, an I.V. is no longer necessary! He is doing well. He's been sleeping good and is calm and content. The doctors are still playing around with his meds. He is struggling a little with this. He has fluid in his lungs, but they are working on it. I was quite frustrated, but now see that they have good reasons for what they are doing. I just pray that Gavin's body can tolerate these changes. I do know that God has placed Gavin in this hospital for a reason and I do see progress being made! So, I must remember (Again!) that patience is a virtue and to have faith in God's plan! He knows better than I do and the doctors here are showing me that they know more than I do too! As Caleb would say, "Rats!" They are also doing better at considering my thoughts and communicating better with me. So, I once again, feel at peace with the care he is receiving. I am thankful for this!

Thanks for your continued prayers and support! Have a great weekend!

Love, Alicia

No comments: